Re: Emacs touch interface

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Emacs touch interface
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2016 16:34:47 +1100

I spent a day googling and scratching my head, but it seems like the
support for gestures in Linux is pretty weak.  For instance, by default
the Unity interface in Ubuntu doesn't let through any gestures to the
applications, and the ones it does recognise (four-fingered ones) can't
be remapped.

You have to recompile Unity to do anything with the events, and in
addition you have to run a separate daemon to translate events.

So I'm not going to proceed any further down that lane for Emacs.
Unless I'm misunderstanding something basic here, this is all pretty
immature (on GNU systems, at least).

But here's what I ended up with as a touch interface for my Emacs-based
music player:

http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/2016/02/05/touchy-emacs/