Re: Asynchronous DNS

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: Asynchronous DNS
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 12:27:33 -0500

> I kinda think we've gotten as far as we're going to get in this discussion,
> and that it's time to merge.

Hi Lars,

Given that there is disagreement from a main developer on this, I ask that
your change remain in a feature branch until we've had more time to reach
consensus, and to hear from others (some of whom I've copied directly, to
better ensure they receive this).

I do appreciate the contribution, and think asynchronous DNS is a valuable
addition, but it hasn't passed the litmus test yet for merging toward the next
release. If agreement can be reached before the next freeze, that's great;
otherwise, it will have to wait until later.