Re: Gnus cleanup

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Gnus cleanup
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2016 10:30:48 -0500

> So I could just remove the compat function to.  But it is theoretically
> feasible that somebody out there are calling
> gnus-window-inside-pixel-edges in their own code.

What I've used in the past goes along the lines of:
- Use my gut-feeling to decide whether to keep the obsolete compat
  function, erring on the side of "removal" rather than on the "safe" side.
- Some of the removed functions may later be re-added based on
  bug-reports from user.

And sometimes it's easier to just remove them all or just keep them all.

        Stefan