Re: Recent commits break compilation for MinGW64

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Recent commits break compilation for MinGW64
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 13:33:39 -0800

From: Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 07:20:32 +0000 (UTC)

The use of va_start() and consorts
requires
#include <stdarg.h>

Sorry about that. Fixed with the attached. On GNU/Linux, lib/stdio.h includes <stdarg.h> which is why the compile worked for me.

I think such commits shouldn't happen at all on emacs-25, but on master. IMO, the time for cleanups on the release branch has come and gone.

The overall commit was needed to port to GCC 4.8 and later with -fsanitize=address. In hindsight perhaps I should have stuck with the old non-stdarg API for the newly added diagnostics (on the other hand perhaps not -- the old API was hard to follow and the confusion caused a bug in my first version, which is why I changed it).