Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notificati

From: Oleh Krehel
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 a9c48d5: Additional fixes for file notification
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 23:28:51 +0100

Kaushal Modi <address@hidden> writes:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 4:39 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>  It's insane that Emacs now calls these `cl-caddr' etc., instead of
>  calling them `caddr' etc. like all other Lisps (those that have
>  them) - including Emacs prior to this renaming. Hard to believe
>  this actually went down.
>

> +1
>
> I wholeheartedly agree to that.

+1 from me as well. I recall recently Richard proposed that we vote on
some new isearch feature. Should we vote on renaming `cl-caddr' ->
`caddr' as well?

Here's a list of `cl-' stuff that I like to use, which I think wouldn't
bring confusion without a `cl-' prefix: `cl-find-if',
`cl-remove-if-not', `cl-incf', `cl-position-if', `cl-caadr',
`cl-rotatef', `cl-destructuring-bind'.

I realize there are prefix-less aliases for most of these functions.
But I'm not sure how long they're staying. And if they are staying
indefinitely, is there a reason to use `cl-' prefix?  I made a switch to
the prefix some time ago when the unprefixed macros became no longer
syntax-highlighted. But now since recently all macros are syntax
highlighted, no matter where they come from.

    Oleh