Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Another iteration on the Emacs website
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2016 19:54:04 +0100

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 7:50 AM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:

I developed the original Emacs in 1976.  I started working in GNU in
January 1984.  I started working on GNU Emacs in September 1984,

Since I am so good at maths, I have calculated that sometimes this year,
it's Emacs' 40th birthday! Can we make it even more specific with a date,
perhaps, so that those of us that wants to can celebrate with some cake? :)