Re: etc/NEWS

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: etc/NEWS
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 11:12:38 -0800

> So why is it still referred to as 25.2 everywhere? Once again: the longer
> you wait to make that change, the more work it will be.

Only because it hasn't happened yet, and we are focused on 25.1.

If someone would like to make that change, please feel free.  After 25.1 is
released, we will backport fixes from master to emacs-25 that are important to
release in 25.2, plus do work that that only pertains to 25.x.

And unlike Stefan, I am not eager to do away with point releases. I think
there's still room to improve the stability and performance of 25.x before we
switch to thinking mainly about 26.1.