Re: Is it time to drop ChangeLogs?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is it time to drop ChangeLogs?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2016 22:30:00 -0500

> When I submitted my first Emacs patch, I was astonished when I was asked
> to re-submit with my commit message essentially duplicated in the
> ChangeLog.

I can't remember ever asking this kind of duplication.  We used to
duplicate the ChangeLog-info in the ChangeLog file and in the commit
message (tho we stopped doing it a year ago), but we never asked for it
to be duplicated in the email messages that submits a patch.

So I have the impression that I'm misunderstanding you.  Could you
describe more precisely the kind of duplication you're talking about?

        Stefan