Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Should we restore manually maintained ChangeLogs
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 10:03:35 -0500

> When you only want to deal with changing the commit message and not
> the actual commit, it is as simple as calling `git replace --edit
> <SHA>'. This will bring up your system editor where you can change the
> commit message.

Ha!  Finally!

So "git replace" seems like it might do the trick.
At least it leads to the right "git log" output.  Now the question is:
how do we distribute those "replacements"?

According to "git replace --help" they're added to the refs/replace/
namespace, so what do we need to do for push/pull to propagate them?

        Stefan