Branches in Emacs Git repo

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: Branches in Emacs Git repo
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:24:07 +0100

Hi,

since I'm planning to start contributing to Emacs, and I don't want to
break something, I'd like to learn which branches are exactly for what
and what should I do (assuming I will get write access at some point) -
for instance, should I create small branches for my patches?  Should
they be branched from master?

Is there any document explaining this things?  If not, I'd be happy to
write one (once I know that myself).

Best,

--
Marcin Borkowski