Re: Upcoming seq.el version problem with the Emacs release

From: Bozhidar Batsov
Subject: Re: Upcoming seq.el version problem with the Emacs release
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 16:20:28 +0200

Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the info!

On 20 March 2016 at 12:15, Nicolas Petton <address@hidden> wrote:
Bozhidar Batsov <address@hidden> writes:

> I might be missing something here, but what exactly is so problematic -
> there are packages that are in Emacs and on ELPA (e.g. cl-lib) and I don't
> think they are taking any special measures.

The problem is that seq.el (in Emacs) uses `pcase-defmacro', which does
not exist in Emacs 24.5.  When byte-compiling the file, we get warnings
as the byte compiler will think that `pcase-defmacro' is a function.

The solution I'm going for is to define locally the macro (when
byte-compiling the file in Emacs < 25), using something like the
following:

    (push `(pcase-defmacro . ,(lambda (&rest _) nil))
          byte-compile-macro-environment)

You can read more about the issue here:
https://github.com/NicolasPetton/seq.el/issues/7

Nico