Re: Help etags parse lisp.j

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Help etags parse lisp.j
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 18:22:48 +0200

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 09:40:43 -0400
>
> > No, evidently because it wants to support K&R function definition:
>
> How 'bout we add an option to etags whether or not to support
> K&R definitions?

Thanks.  Unfortunately, this is IMO not better than the other
alternatives:

 . in a large enough project, the user doesn't have an easy way of
   knowing whether she needs K&R support
 . implementing such an option is not trivial, to say the least, given
   the complex state machines used by parsing of C-like languages by
   etags