Re: Missing changes in merges from emacs-25 to master

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Missing changes in merges from emacs-25 to master
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 20:34:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

> We've been through this: "git rebase" will cause much worse trouble if
> you have local merge-commits from feature branches.

That's true, but that's a quite unusual thing to be doing.  ("Unusual"
as in "most of the time most of the people who work on Emacs won't be
doing that".)  In this instance, if he had done
"git pull --rebase; git push" then no merge commit would have been
pushed, and things would generally be less confusing.

That rebase/push thing is what I do 99.9% of the time, and its the least
noisy you can be when doing normal stuff.