RE: [Announce] The new Emacs homepage is online!

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [Announce] The new Emacs homepage is online!
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 14:20:39 -0700 (PDT)

> having emacs screenshots with
> not-the-default theme would help dramatically in indicating how
> beautiful Emacs can be.  I think the default theme, while "useful" in
> its minimalism, doesn't convey that.
>
> If I look at:
>   http://tsyesika.se/guix-desktop.png
>   http://dustycloud.org/tmp/emacs_hy_and_py.png
>   http://dustycloud.org/tmp/emacs_screenshot.png
>   http://dustycloud.org/tmp/emacs_wombat.png
>
> it feels very clear to me and others I've shown what *potential* there
> is for a beautiful emacs.  I don't get that impression by showing them
> stock black-on-white emacs.
>
> Even just inverting to white-on-black would look much better.

Seriously?  Beauty, and eye-strain, are apparently in the eye
of the beholder - at least in part.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=eye+strain+reading+online+light+dark+background+screen
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=best+background+color+for+reading+on+computer

No, no need to reply.  Suffice it to say that not everyone would
agree with you.