Re: Should the default value of url-user-agent include a version number?

From: Vibhav Pant
Subject: Re: Should the default value of url-user-agent include a version number? What about the specific case of package.el?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 10:40:16 +0530

ERC exposes emacs' version number in quit messages already:
           "(Quit: ERC (IRC client for Emacs 25.0.50.3))"
So I don't see why there should be an exception for url.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2016 at 4:47 AM, Steve Purcell <address@hidden> wrote:
> As a MELPA maintainer, I'd be very keen to be able to provide users and
> package authors with package downloads stats broken down by emacs
> version and/or platform.

That could also be done with adding a `X-Emacs-Version` header to HTTP
requests made to package repositories, if we still don't want to
expose the user
agent.

--
Vibhav Pant