Re: gpg encryption warning

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: gpg encryption warning
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 16:20:45 +0100

On Wed, Apr 20 2016, martin rudalics wrote:

>> On gpg encrypting (symmetrical) a file I get the warning:
>>
>> mouse-minibuffer-check: Wrong type argument: window-valid-p, #<window 40>
>>
>> after clicking ok in the encryption dialogue buffer. The actual
>> encryption seems to work, with password and repeat password prompts.  I
>> am using emacs-25.1.50.1, git-pulled and built today. I do not get the
>> warning with emacs-24.5.1.
>
> Thanks for the report.  Can you tell me who calls
> ‘mouse-minibuffer-check’ here (and why)?
>
> martin

Hi Martin,

I don't fully understand what you mean - I'm a newbe, sorry. If I call
the command epa-encrypt-file (either via M-x or the tools ->
Encryption/Decryption menu) I'm presented with a Keys buffer asking me
to select recipients for encryption. I want to do symmetric encryption
so I select no one and click the OK button with my mouse. At this point
I get the "mouse-minibuffer-check" warning in the Message buffer, and a
password prompt in the echo buffer. If I wish, I can then ignore the
warning and enter a password and proceed as normal. However, emacs-24.5
does not give any warnings at all when an identical procedure is followed.

Let me know if I can do anything else in order to provide perhaps more
useful information.

Thanks.

Colin.