Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Seeking a "Patch Champion"
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2016 23:51:41 +0300

On 04/25/2016 11:37 PM, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:

If we had switched to a better bug tracker, on the other hand... :)

One with a better integration with the vc system would be nice, yes.
And a better web interface.  :-)

+1 on both.

But I find working with debbugs on a
day to day basis easier than other bug trackers I have to interact with,
because the other bug trackers don't integrate with Emacs.

Not really true. There is e.g. http://www.jemarch.net/hacks/bugz-mode, for Bugzilla. I don't know how it compares to the Debbugs package, but the description seems reasonable.

I'm sure there are some integrations with other trackers as well. I've even seen a package that bridges Org and JIRA (not that I would advocate using it ;-)) a couple of weeks ago.

I mean, you can even use debbugs offline.  :-)

Ehh, not the kind of feature I'd dream of, personally, but I'm sure it doesn't hurt. :)