Re: Emacs, gnupg and package list

From: Tino Calancha
Subject: Re: Emacs, gnupg and package list
Date: Sun, 1 May 2016 15:32:41 +0900 (JST)

I am not sure.. but maybe that this behavior is reproducible also on
GNU/Linux...
Yes, the same here (Debian GNU/Linux).

I wonder if this is to be expected
It's expected: it's a software for data encryption/decryption
and authentication for data communication; it's not something to operate
exclusively on Emacs, so it's normal that the configuration files being
located under $HOME/.gnupg.

and if one can put .gnupg inside .emacs.d
(I would expect all things regarding Emacs in .emacs.d).
When you use it to download one ELPA package with package.el it also
creates a dir "gnupg" under `package-user-dir' ("~/.emacs.d/elpa" in my
setup).

Tino
--
“He's not human... He's like a piece of iron.” Ivan Drago