Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Add a commit hash (first 6 chars) column to cgit webpage?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 14:37:42 +0000

Hi all,

We typically reference to emacs commits with their hashes. The cgit webpage does not show the commits: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/log/?h=emacs-25

So I need to hover the mouse over each commit to see its hash in the browser status bar at the bottom (or it shows as tooltip when hovered on with mouse in eww). I wuold like to avoid this mouse-hover step.

As I don't know where to request this, I am mailing this here and hopefully it gets forwarded to the right person.

Request:

Can we have one more column (probably on the left of commit description) that shows the first 6 chars of the commit hash?

This is what I have in mind:

Age         Commit Hash   Commit message (Expand) Author Files Lines
16 hours 8544b9         posnp doc clarificationemacs-25 Lars Ingebrigtsen 1 -0/+1
16 hours 805204      Mention what a missing :group does Lars Ingebrigtsen 1 -3/+7

Thanks

Kaushal Modi