Re: M-x send-emacs-patch

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: M-x send-emacs-patch
Date: Fri, 6 May 2016 00:20:44 +0300

On 05/06/2016 12:16 AM, Richard Copley wrote:

Thanks Clément. It's not my place to decide on this, but it doesn't
sound to me as though it addresses my question, which is different
from the question of whether a patch would be acceptable to the FSF;
namely, does the GPL prevent me from putting a modification to a
GPL-licensed work into the public domain in the first place?

Your code will be public domain. The combined work will still be GPL.

Actually releasing your changes in the public domain in the way accepted by FSF will require paperwork anyway, so you must have a very particular reason to choose this route.