On Thu, May 12, 2016 at 11:00 AM Simon Friis Vindum <address@hidden
This is my first patch to Emacs. I have not signed the papers
assigning copyright to FSF. I would like to do so but I cannot figure
out how to.
I haven't got a chance to look at your patch. But can share my experience about copyright assignment :)
Here are the steps I took and the process was smooth:
- Email FSF at address@hidden
requesting to initiate the copyright assignment process.
- They will send you a 4 or 5 question questionnaire by email.
- You reply that via email.
- Then you get a format of disclosure that needs to be signed by your school or employer.
- I did not face any problem there, the employer sent me the signed letter in pdf form in 2 days.
- I was supposed to snail mail the physical signed copy to FSF but I didn't have one and they were fine with the scanned signed letter pdf I emailed them. I believe that is fine in US. But the person responding to you from address@hidden
will guide you correctly.
It took a couple of days, but it was all email transactions for me.