Re: Processed: Re: bug#19717: 24.4.50; printing.el still uses ps-eval-sw

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Processed: Re: bug#19717: 24.4.50; printing.el still uses ps-eval-switch
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 05:46:23 +0300

> From: Chad Brown <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 18:22:33 -0700
> Cc: emacs-devel <address@hidden>
>
>  That makes no sense at all. It's the same browser and the same Web
>  page. How can the browser know to refresh it in one case, but not in
>  the other?
>
> Because the refresh button doesn’t ask the web server for a new copy of the
> page; it instead asks the local
> cache to check and see if it thinks a new copy of the web page is needed.
> There are many circumstances
> where the local cache controller can ask the web server and get back what is
> effectively the wrong answer.

So you are saying that this always brings the cached copy when a bug
is closed, and always brings the correct copy when a bug is deleted
from the blocking list?  That makes no sense to me: the browser and
the cache don't understand the semantics of each operation at all, so
I don't see how they could do different stuff in each case.