Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Note on e65c307 breaks font-height
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:07:36 +0200

> I don't understand why we are talking about customization interfaces.
> I thought the problem was that requesting a font by specifying some of
> its attributes doesn't work.  Now I'm confused: what problem is at
> hand?

So far I was only able to reproduce the problem by customizing the
default face via the customization interface.  I didn't dig into the
interiors of this yet so I can't tell whether customizing the default
face is a conditio sine qua non for reproducing the problem.

> "M-x customize-face" changes the face definitions on all frames, but
> you can invoke set-face-attribute with a specific frame to change the
> face only on that frame.

But then ‘set-face-attribute’ wouldn't make sense in .emacs, right?

>> And I still don't see where the customization framework allows or
>> suggests to specifiy a face for a frame or for "any" frame.
>
> I don't think it does.
>
> In any case, it looks like a simple question of mine led us aside for
> no good reason.  Whether faces are or aren't per frame has nothing to
> do with the problem at hand.

I wouldn't know.

martin