Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:04:48 -0400

  > There's not much overhead in exercising this use case:  Just compose a
  > speech, and insert

  > *  headers
  > ** representing some
  > *** heirarchy

  > you feel appropriate.

  > Not to be whiny, but if you aren't willing to give that a shot,

Give what a shot, exactly?  I already put such text in the buffer,
when such text is what I want.  So I think I've already "given that a shot".
Or do you mean something else?  Like, editing it in Org mode?

How would that be different from editing it in Fundamental mode?
What benefit would it give me?

  > The next iteration is when you want to include a figure or such, and
  > instead of copying a PNG from the filesystem, you conceive the desire:
  > "Here's the gnuplot process to generate the image I want... I wish I
  > could just generate the image at document 'compile' time..."   and hey
  > presto, you can.

It might be useful if I used gnuplot.  But I have never used it.

I am sure Org mode is useful for the people who use it.
I'm not disputing that.

--
Dr Richard Stallman