Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.0.94: Is require failing to define macros and functions at compile time?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:27:42 +0200

Robert Weiner <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to have it load the .el version of the file first and
> then byte-compile it if that is what I want?

Sure (there is always a way in Emacs...), but I don't think it's a good
idea to use such a hack just for a more cosmetic purpose.

IIRC the currently compiled file can be referred to with the variable
`byte-compile-current-file', even from the file itself.  I don't recall
the downsides of loading the file while compiling (apart from making
compiling slow and loading the package unnecessarily when compiling).

Michael.