Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Differences between Org-Mode and Hyperbole
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2016 20:08:40 -0400

  > Richard, I summarize your desire as "Org should be implemented so that
  > its features can be composed."

I don't entirely understand what you mean by "composed", or "can be
composed", but I think we are talking about different issues.

  >    I reply:  "Org is an attempt to
  > -perform- just that composition."

Now I am sure we are miscommunicating.

What I want is not composability, it's separation.  I would like the
various features of Org mode (or at least some of them) to be
conceptually separate, and documented separately.  If they also work
together, as they do now in Org mode, I would agree that's a plus.

The problem might be partly a matter of how Org mode is presented.
When I looked at its documentation, it started teaching me how to
enter structured text -- which I personally didn't need, so I decided
not to learn Org mode.

If Org mode does other things besides that, I might perhaps find them
worth learning if they were presented separately.

--
Dr Richard Stallman