Re: C and Emacs Lisp code parts

From: John Wiegley
Subject: Re: C and Emacs Lisp code parts
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 15:48:50 -0700

> In which you were asked to provide some numbers, but gave none. Please do
> provide them, and perhaps that bug could be taken care of.

Until we have numbers, no action will be taken here. I am still of the
position that *more* code should be moved from C to Emacs Lisp, and not the
other way around.

If there are cases where this might be a bad idea, measurement is needed to
convince me. As others have said, performance is a complex beast, and human
guesses about how a modern machine operates are more often wrong than not.