Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords obsolet?

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: font-lock-syntactic-keywords obsolet?
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 01:44:27 +0300

Hi Alan,

On 07/11/2016 08:20 PM, Alan Mackenzie wrote:

Yes.  Thank you for finding these glitches, and sorry I've not been more
careful to find them myself.  Please try out the following patch (as a
supplement to the last one, not a replacement):

It seems to do it, thanks. If I find any further problems, I'll send them to the bug tracker.

Optimisation does make code more complicated.  My feeling is that raw
strings of length 1Mbyte are going to be quite rare, and that I should
wait for somebody to complain, first.

Naturally, but a code reorganization can both improve performance and reduce the complexity, or at least keep it on the same level.

I'm repeating myself, but in ruby-mode I can have a 1Mbyte long heredoc (or a percent literal, which is like a C++ raw string, but with more features), and edit either of its bounds with much better latency.

Anyway, this subject seems exhausted. Thanks for the discussion.