Re: [ELPA] New package: GNU Hyperbole 6.0

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: GNU Hyperbole 6.0
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 21:46:06 -0400

>> You could maintain it directly from the elpa.git repository, or you can
>> have the upstream in https://savannah.gnu.org/projects/hyperbole and so
>> regular syncs every once in a while.
> The latter sounded better to me to keep the scope more local for our work.

That's perfectly fine, at least as long as you do regular syncs between
the two (if you don't do them often enough, the syncs become a lot more
strenuous).

> But as Bob has written in another reply it is available over the net so maybe
> you could inspect it there to give us more feedback?

Nowadays I find it much too painful to read code without its VCS
metadata, so I only do it when I have no other choice.  In the case of
Hyperbole I can just wait (and in the mean time keep wondering why on
earth you don't make the repository available somehow somewhere).

        Stefan