Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)

From: sbaugh
Subject: Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 04:25:03 -0400

Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden> writes:

> My main concern with this proposal is avoiding to have to purposefully
> modify "every Elisp package that runs processes". If every process
> call will pass through the environment dispatcher,

Just a note: Ideally, Elisp code would also (somehow) go through the
environment dispatcher, and see the exec-path and process-environment of
the appropriate environment. There is surely Elisp code makes direct use
of exec-path/process-environment and it should behave the same as
external processes.