Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Managing environments (Python venv, guix environment, etc.)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 02:08:00 +0300

On 07/24/2016 11:25 AM, address@hidden wrote:

If it's strictly "prompt the user", that might be incompatible with
the way project.el determines the current project.

That's something we can determine. I was thinking a dir-local would be
ideal.

If it's going to be strictly directory-dependent, project.el integration could work. But then, I don't know if you want to tie environment detection to particular project implementations, such as vc-project (which is only used when there's a VCS repository).

If proper virtualenvs support turns out to require changes to core
Emacs, it can't be distributed (solely) via GNU ELPA.

It's possible it might even require hacking on the C implementation of
the process primitives to do properly. (which I'm perfectly happy to do)

Guess we'll have to see.