Re: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: systemd @ in filenames not supported by thing-at-point
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 02:23:48 +0200

Clément Pit--Claudel wrote:

> I have no idea what this is about, or what it
> has to do with Emacs. In any case, the
> original issue sounds like a bug to me, and
> you seem to have a reasonable-looking fix for
> it. Can you prepare a patch and send it with
> M-x report-emacs-bug? That would be very
> useful; we could probably discuss that
> fix there.

By "preparing a patch", do you mean there is
some formal way of doing that? If so, I am not
familiar with that. (I know of
`report-emacs-bug', of course.)

But the patch would amount to adding an @ to

    (defvar thing-at-point-file-name-chars "-~/[:alnum:]_.${}#%,:"
      "Characters allowable in filenames.")

which is at line 242,
/usr/share/emacs/24.4/lisp/thingatpt.el.gz

However, in my initial post I added the @
*first* which I have since learned on
gnu.emacs.help turns the original, initial dash
into an interval (when it doesn't appear first
anymore), i.e., all of [@, ~] in math notation
are included which wasn't the intention,
for sure!

So better put the @ after the initial dash so
the dash will stay a char an nothing else, with
@ and only @ included as well.

                   - so far: 64 Blogomatic articles -