RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligne

From: Vincent Belaïche
Subject: RE: [Emacs-diffs] emacs-25 8a38e94: Fix local printer set to left aligned string formatter.
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2016 22:03:29 +0000

Dear John,

Well, I must admit that I am a naughty boy that has not filed any bug before making this fix. I of course did some basic tests before comitting and it was OK.

The bug description is as follows:

Using the ``string within round bracket'' kind of printer definition (round bracketing meaning left alignment) for a local printers does not work because the ses-local-printer-compile function does not handle this case.

IMHO taking this bug fix is not risky and that would make the local printer feature more complete. The alternative fix would be to document that in this release local printers cannot be defined this way, but it seems so simpler to fix the lisp than to obfuscate documentation...

   Vincent.