What happen to ELPA realgud 1.4.3?

From: Live System User
Subject: What happen to ELPA realgud 1.4.3?
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2016 09:26:52 -0400

Hi,

        I had realgud-1.4.2 from ELPA installed and saw on the
        "gnu-emacs-sources" mailing list that realgud-1.4.3 was
        available.

        I executed "M-x package-refresh-contents" nad typed "U"
        (package-menu-mark-upgrades) to mark the packages to
        upgrade and typed "x" (package-menu-execute) to perform
        the upgrade.

        The confirmation prompt said:

Upgrade these 4 packages (magit-20160724.858, realgud-1.4.2,
loc-changes-20160716.458, magit-popup-20160725.1907)? (y or n) y

        After typing "y" for confirmation, package.el proceeded
        to upgrade realgud from MELPA:

Package menu: Operation started [Upgrading 4]
Contacting host: melpa.org:443 [2 times]
Parsing tar file...done
Extracting realgud-20160802.1557/

         Looking at the *Package* buffer I see that realgud-1.4.3
         is not listed but realgud-20160802.1557 is.  Maybe that's
         a problem with the generation of the email message
         to the mailing list about the package's availability
         and/or a problem with the package's generation)?

         Is "realgud-20160802.1557" considered an "upgrade"
         for realgud-1.4.2?  How is a "version" and its "upgrade"
         determmined?

         It appears that the repository is not considered when
         determining what is its upgrade (i.e. an upgrade from
         version X repo "A" is not restricted to only repo A.
         It can be from repo "A", "B", "C", etc. for a
         given package.

         The confirmation prompt doesn't let the user know that
         the upgrade is from a different repo from where the
         currently installed package is from (so that one may
         decide to abort its installation).

         How does one restrict upgrades for a package to the
         same repo of that original package?

         Lastly, when a package is extracted, how does one
         extracted it so that the date of the files are from
         when the package was created -- not when the package
         was downloaded, installed/extracted ?

         Thanks.