RE: About the 'minibuffer' frame parameter

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: About the 'minibuffer' frame parameter
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 11:37:57 -0700 (PDT)

>  > Dunno what you mean by "care about it".
>
> Care about the issue(s) that started this thread.

They are not clear to me, even on re-reading.

>  > Just what are you proposing
>  > to change, so as to no longer "care about it"?
>
> Nothing.  As long as nobody cares about these issues.

I don't know what the issues are.  But I definitely care about
frame parameter `minibuffer'.  But if you are proposing doing
"Nothing" then I guess I have nothing to worry about. ;-)

> I don't want to eliminate anything.

Good.

>  > And I believe that Juanma's frameset code carefully distinguishes
>  > standalone minibuffer frames from others, by checking that parameter.
>  >
>  > I think that Emacs users should continue to be able to test, as well
>  > as set the `minibuffer' frame parameter.  Why shouldn't they?
>
> Because IIUC they do not care much about "testing" it.  Otherwise they
> would have complained already.

What is the problem with testing it?

frameset.el tests it.  And I test it.  I `redirect-frame-focus' of a
minibuffer-less frame for *Completions* to my standalone minibuffer
frame, for example:

(let ((redirect  (if (active-minibuffer-window)
                     1on1-minibuffer-frame
                   (and completion-reference-buffer
                        (get-buffer-window completion-reference-buffer
                                           'visible)
                        (not (eq (get-buffer "*Completions*")
                                 completion-reference-buffer))
                        (window-frame
                          (get-buffer-window
                             completion-reference-buffer t))))))
  (when redirect (redirect-frame-focus (selected-frame) redirect)))

Okay, I don't actually test the frame parameter here explicitly, but
the code depends on it being and acting as it does, I think.