Re: hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.

From: Yuri Khan
Subject: Re: hebrew: bold face odd when using the monospace font.
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 23:07:58 +0600

On Thu, Aug 11, 2016 at 2:55 AM, Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> wrote:

> I usually use the following font
>
>   (custom-set-faces
>    '(default ((t (:family "DejaVu Sans Mono" :foundry "unknown" :slant
>                           normal :weight normal :height 143 :width
> normal))))))
>
> Which gives also nice results for Hebrew.

I find that hard to believe. On my machine DejaVu Sans Mono does not
have Hebrew coverage. Pressing C-u C-x = on Hebrew text reveals that
Emacs substitutes DejaVu Sans, which does cover Hebrew and looks ok in
bold, but is not monospaced. Depending on your configuration, another
font may be substituted, possibly one that does not have a bold
weight.