Re: Don't complain about changed file when it hasn't changed

From: Davis Herring
Subject: Re: Don't complain about changed file when it hasn't changed
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 11:42:26 -0600

Same concern here, for remote files. For large remote files I would
prefer a cksum call, if possible. But maybe we shall profile this, first.

A very basic "checksum" would be to just use the file's size. We could easily implement that and catch most modifications without any real I/O.

Davis

--
This product is sold by volume, not by mass. If it appears too dense or too sparse, it is because mass-energy conversion has occurred during shipping.