Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Unbalanced change hooks (part 2) [Documentation fix still remaining]
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 22:17:15 +0300

> From: Daniel Colascione <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 11:58:04 -0700
> CC: address@hidden,address@hidden,address@hidden
>
> Your text is silent on the relationship between the regions given to b-c-f
> and the ones given to b-c-f.

It's not silent.  It tells the reader specifically what assumptions
are invalid.  I think that is much more useful in practice than
talking about conservative bounds, something that is more abstract and
therefore more easily misinterpreted/misunderstood.

> My proposed change tightens the contract between the Emacs core and
> developers and does it in a way that doesn't impose additional requirements
> on the current implementation.

With the current imperfect implementation, I don't see how that is an
advantage in practice.