Re: emacs-losedows-builder

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: emacs-losedows-builder
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2016 16:51:59 +1000

This reminds me of arguments from the 70s with the growth of feminism. At the time, there were some in the feminist movement who argued to ban the use of "man" even when the roots of the word had nothing to do with gender. It certainly didn't benefit the movement or help gain credibility - in the main it was seen as somewhat ridiculous and if anything gave ammunition to the anti-feminist movement. I fear this discussion will do the same.