Re: Emacs 25.1 RC2 - sporadic display errors on Linux virtual terminal.

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: Emacs 25.1 RC2 - sporadic display errors on Linux virtual terminal.
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 18:16:06 +0000

Hello, Eli.

On Wed, Sep 07, 2016 at 09:04:55PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 17:39:25 +0000
> > Cc: address@hidden
> > From: Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden>

> > This suggests that Emacs gets "tired" after several hours, whatever that
> > might mean.  Perhaps a buffer is getting depleted somehow, or something
> > like that.

> What buffer did you have in mind?

I don't have any particular buffer in mind.  I simply don't know this
level of the software at all.  (At least, not yet).

Maybe there's some circular buffer somewhere which, when it becomes
full, spuriously outputs a space to the screen.  The buffer might well
not be in Emacs.  Can a circular buffer gradually (over hours) become
smaller?  That seems a bit unlikely.

I really haven't much idea - I've reported what I've observed, and I'm
speculating.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).