Re: About desktop file

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Re: About desktop file
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:07:17 +0200

Il 12/09/2016 08:23, martin rudalics ha scritto:
When I restart Emacs, it loads the buffers with the old 'foo' font.
Usually, to have the buffers with the new font, I remove the desktop
file and reload manually the working buffers.

Is there a way to do this differently?

Customize ‘frameset-filter-alist’.  That's precisely what this variable
should have been devised for.  I can't help much with this because since
commit e65c307 my init file font settings are not respected anyway.

Maybe I haven't understood things.

On EmacsWiki [1], I find

'To change the default font for the current frame, as well as future frames, put either of these in your init file:

(set-face-attribute 'default nil :font FONT ))
(set-frame-font FONT nil t)

where FONT is a string naming the font you want, for example, "Droid Sans Mono-10"'

So I would expect that restarting Emacs, not only the second but also the first frame is rendered with the new font. If I have to customize something else, like you suggest, the EmacsWiki information are incomplete.

The question, then, is: How an user can change the default font so that this change in the init file is honored also by desktop file? What to put in the init file..

Angelo

-----
[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/SetFonts