Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Windows emacs-25.1 i686 vs x86_64?
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 09:42:27 -0500

  > EZ> In any case, the non-removal of support for Windows 9X was an explicit
  > EZ> request from Richard, an opinion which AFAIU he still held 5 years ago:

  > Richard, do you still maintain this position?

Yes.

We support running our software on various versions of Windows and
MacOS for the sake of users that want to run our programs there, but
that does not mean an endorsement of those systems.  On the contrary,
we say they are unjust and we urge users to stop running them.

We want to teach people to give the highest importance to the ethical
issue, the injustice of nonfree software.  Mere technical issues (such
as state of maintenance) are all secondary, and we want to make our
position on this clear.  So we should not apply words such as
"malpractice" to technical issues.  Windows IS malpractice, and
the worst malpractice is Windows 10.

See http://gnu.org/proprietary/malware-microsoft.html.

--
Dr Richard Stallman