Re: lldb support

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: lldb support
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 19:19:20 +0200

> From: Toon Claes <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2016 17:27:18 +0100
>
> > Instead, please invoke "M-x gdb RET".  It will suggest a command line
> > that assumes GDB; please change it as lldb-mi requires.
>
> Well, I also tried that. But gives the error:
>
>     Error: you did not specify -i=mi on GDB's command line!

Doesn't lldb-mi accept the --interpreter=mi argument on its command
line?  That would be strange, since it's supposed to be a
compatibility shim, and is advertised to work with Eclipse.

If you disable this test in gdb-mi.el, do you get better results?

> After that also a lot of other errors occur:
>
>     5^error,msg="Driver. Received command '5-file-list-exec-source-files'. It
> was not handled. Command 'file-list-exec-source-files' not in Command Factory"
>     6^error,msg="Driver. Received command '6-file-list-exec-source-file'. It
> was not handled. Command 'file-list-exec-source-file' not in Command Factory"
>     8^error,msg="Command 'stack-info-frame'. Invalid process during debug
> session"
>     10^error,msg="Driver. Received command '10-break-list'. It was not
> handled. Command 'break-list' not in Command Factory"
>     12^error,msg="Driver. Received command '12-break-list'. It was not
> handled. Command 'break-list' not in Command Factory"
>
> So results aren't very hopeful.

These could be the result of not activating the MI mode in lldb-mi,
because of the previous error message.  How about asking the lldb-mi
maintainers what should be the correct invocation of this tool?

Thanks.