Re: pretty printing frames from *Backtrace*

From: Noam Postavsky
Subject: Re: pretty printing frames from *Backtrace*
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 18:31:12 -0500

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 10:30 PM, Michael Heerdegen
<address@hidden> wrote:

>> I think it would be easier to integrate directly into the debugger, it
>> would probably save the trouble of cumbersome frame counting.
>
> Doesn't the debugger already do frame counting from Lisp - see
> `debugger-frame-number' (AFAICT marking frames for debugger-reentry is
> based on this)?  FWIW I've changed my code to use this function instead
> of reinventing the wheel.

Ah, if you can reuse the debugger's counting that's okay. I still
think this would be better as an integrated feature of the debugger
though. Currently I switch to edebug as soon as I have an idea of
which function to instrument because of how hard it is to read
backtraces, having this feature really looks like a bare minimum to
me, not an addon.