Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file

From: Phil Sainty
Subject: Re: Skipping unexec via a big .elc file
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2016 23:58:14 +1300

On 14/12/16 18:45, Ken Raeburn wrote:
> I must have overlooked it the first time, but “git push -f” is being
rejected with:
> remote: error: denying non-fast-forward
refs/heads/scratch/raeburn-startup (you should pull first)

Which typically means that you've amended or rebased your local
history since you last pushed it. Or potentially someone else has
pushed to that branch in the interim. Your local branch and the
remote branch have diverged, at any rate.

If you *really really* want to push a revised history -- bearing
in mind that it will cause merge issues for anyone who has already
pulled from that branch (which is why you would usually refrain
from doing such a thing, and why server-side protection like this
exists in the first place) -- then you can generally work around
the protection by deleting the upstream branch and then pushing
your new version of it.

Alternatively, you may need to rebase your local branch onto the
upstream revision.