Emacs versions for rst.el (was: Re: master 9ed3685: Lots of refactorings

From: Stefan Merten
Subject: Emacs versions for rst.el (was: Re: master 9ed3685: Lots of refactorings and a few minor improvements.)
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2017 11:28:50 +0100

Hi Glenn!

3 days ago Glenn Morris wrote:
>> branch: master
>> commit 9ed3685a778843cbc0df3ca2490f79eb4e2ebefe
>> Author: Stefan Merten <address@hidden>
>> Commit: Stefan Merten <address@hidden>
>
> [In rst-package-emacs-version-alist:]
>
>> +    ("1.5.1" . "26.2")
>

> Hi - don't you want 26.1 there?
>
> I also note that Emacs 25.1 seems to contain 1.4.1, and 24.5 1.4.0,
> which does not seem to agree with the above alist either?

I'm not following Emacs releases and so what I put in there is more or
less a rough guess. When I commit something to the Emacs `master` then
I'm convinced that it should go into the next available release.

However, I do not know when which release is prepared and what commit
may go in and which not. Some time ago I understood this is a
complicated processes with deadlines and the like and I happily leave
this up to the Emacs community :-) .

                                                HTH

                                                Stefan