Re: Build failure in master for GNU: "error: cannot open < lib/../nt/gnu

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Build failure in master for GNU: "error: cannot open < lib/../nt/gnulib.mk: No such file or directory"
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 21:52:44 +0200

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:35:32 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > gnulib.mk is needed to produce Makefile.in, which is needed to produce
> > Makefile, so Makefile cannot detect these things.
>
> There is a Makefile there

No, there's GNUmakefile, which just includes Makefile if that exists
(which it does in this case).

> For instance, if you check in "make"-breaking changes, then you could
> also check in something that has the necessary commands to make "make"
> work again.

I couldn't find a way of doing that without significant changes in our
Makefiles, something for which I had no time, sorry.  Running
autogen.sh every once in a while is not a big deal, really.

> We just have to establish some kind of mechanism -- for
> instance, a special directive in the commit message?  Or something else.

I don't think I understand what you have in mind.  What directive?