Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 18:45:52 -0500

Stefan> FWIW, I think that html-mode should not belong to any html mode package
Stefan> in particular (maybe it should use `define-alternatives`).

> Do you mean that neither the new nor old modes should be called
> 'html-mode'?

I think I'm leaning that way, yes.

> I don't understand what benefit this would provide.

To keep `html-mode` as the dispatch function for the various options
(there's web-mode, mumamo's xhtml-mode, psgaml-mode, nxml-mode, ...).

        Stefan