Re: html, css, and js modes working together

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: html, css, and js modes working together
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 11:59:53 -0500

> In this sense, the "cursor" part of cursor-sensor-functions is a
> misnomer; it should have used "point".  However, given that this was a
> replacement for point-entered and point-left properties, I can
> understand why that name was chosen.

Yes, I used the term "cursor" to insist on the fact that it relates to
the movement of point as seen by the user (i.e. via its rendition on
screen) as opposed to the previous behavior of
intangible/point-entered/point-left which also cared about temporary
point movements internal to the implementation of commands.

        Stefan