Re: [Emacs-diffs] master adfb6f1: Continue to fix bug#25607

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] master adfb6f1: Continue to fix bug#25607
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:36:12 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> Oh, I see: there is an incorrect binding in ido-read-internal which
> means that all commands within IDO are treated as non-essential.
>
> The way I see it, The Right Way would be to do the binding in
> ido-exhibit, since that's the code run from post-command-hook, i.e. the
> code that's not explicitly requested by the user.

Your patch doesn't work at all. I've applied it, and I tried:

1. # src/emacs -Q -f ido-mode

2. C-x C-f / s u

--> This doesn't give you completion for /sudo:

3. d o :

--> Error: Host name must not match method "sudo"

I don't understand what's your problem with the patch I have
applied. Pls show me an example where it behaves wrong.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.